Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Alive and Well in Winterville, NC

I have decided that Winterville needs to be renamed, at least for now, to HotandHumidville. Oh, my. It is some kinda ugly out there! Randy & I went out about 10:30 this morning for a run to WalMart (yes, even when we're away we have to make a run!) and the temp was in the mid 90s already!!

All I can say is, “UGH!!!!”

But, we are enjoying the coolness of being with our good friends, Dan & Debbie. It's been awhile since we've seen them. I think we stopped on the way home for Christmas last year. As always, we fall into an easy rhythm when we're together. They are the kind of friends you don't have to be entertained by. We all just do our thing; going about our daily routines. Deb still works, so we only get to visit with her in the evenings.

Dan & Deb will be leaving Saturday morning for Savannah. Debbie has a class to attend. That's one of the reasons we're here, we'll be house/dog/garden sitting for them. They have two dogs and LOTS of garden. Dan is a master gardener and he loves his flowers and bushes and vegetables. I'll have to take pictures to share with you.

That's it. Not sure what the next couple of days will bring. We've talked about doing some sightseeing, but if the heat doesn't ease a bit, I'm not sure that's gonna happen. Guess we (and you!) will have to wait and see!

I did nab this picture of baby birdies in a nest in the roof over the porch. There are five of them, but you can only see three. They were hollering for momma to bring them something to eat!

Baby birdies at Domer's

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Your little birdies are so darling.
    I think I can just see the fourth one in the nest. Do you know what they are?
    I hope you post some more pictures of them as they grow.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete