Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Hello, June!

Not much to share today. We just did our first-of-the-month errands. I didn't even go to Curves this morning – bad girl.

Headed to the bank to get our cash for the month. Then, we hit Bob Evans for a late breakfast. While there, we got a call from Lins to see if we wanted to meet at the mall for lunch. BUMMER! Actually, she had called just before we got to Bob Evans, but I had missed the call because my phone doesn't always ring. Note to self: get that fixed!! Sorry, I digress.

Knowing that I never like to miss an opportunity to see my girlies, Randy suggested we meet them anyway. He said we can always just have a cup of coffee or something. Of course, I jumped right on that. So, we spent about a half hour with them.

Then, it was on to WalMart for the huge grocery run. Just as we were about finished, a gentleman went by me on one of the scooters. He sure looked like Dave, the manager from Frog Creek where we spent our first winter on the road. While we were in line I saw him head for the checkout. I was looking to see if Janie, his wife was there. And it WAS them!! I was shocked. Apparently, they have kids in this area, just a few miles from us. It was fun to say “hey” and catch up a little.

You never know where you're going to see RVers!

Of course, after you do the dreaded monthly grocery run, you have to do the dreaded Unloading of the groceries. Ugh. That's the worst part! Got it done and we both flopped into our recliners. I hate grocery day!!!

But, we weren't done yet. We had a dinner date with friends from Mechanicsburg, Lee and his daughter, Courtney. So, back out the door about 5:30 to meet them at 6:00. We had a nice meal and caught up with them as we'd not seen them since Christmas.

Wow. Guess I had more to share than I though! :) Now we are settled in our recliners once again and laughing at the TV show, WipeOut. It's hard to believe what people will do for a little money!

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy day! You just gotta love that Wal-Mart shopping!! Miss ya!

    Hugs
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete