Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another Week Begins

When the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, it was dark out! That was a little weird. Before long, though, the sun was shining. That was very nice. Especially since we're not going to see much of it over the next few days, I'm sorry to say.

We enjoyed worshiping this morning, as usual. Pastor Shelly is doing a series of messages from the Gospel of Matthew. He is a good preacher, making the truths of God's Word come alive for us. We have become very at-home in this church, which is a great feeling. God has certainly been gracious in providing us with another church home. It will make returning in December so much better.

We had a lazy afternoon. The weather turned from sunny to overcast and chillier. I made chicken pot pie for dinner. We've been trying to eat dinner around 1pm lately. I've found it really helps me with my weight management (or lack thereof!) and my blood sugar. Then, around 7pm we'll have something light – a bowl of cereal, hummus, or for Randy, sandwiches. I really like having our meals this way.

I had to be back at church at 4:30 this afternoon for rehearsal for the Easter program. Randy dropped me off so he could have the truck to come back for evening worship. I enjoy attending evening worship because it's a more laid back service and Pastor Shelly gives a short devotional-type message. And it gives us a chance to get to know folks a bit better.

Now, the weather has changed once more. As I write this post, it's raining. I sure hope it eases off during the morning so I can get the laundry done. I am way past needing to do it! I gotta figure out when I'm going to be doing it now that I've got a new work schedule.

I'm gonna also be exercising in the morning now. The days I work, the hours are 10am to 7pm. I'm sure not gonna exercise after 7pm! Yuck. So, it's back to exercising by myself and in the RV. This will be interesting. The video I exercise to is a little less than an hour when I walk all four miles. So, Randy's gonna have to make himself scarce from 7 to 8am each day. And in 450 sq. ft., that's not easy! :) But, I gotta get that exercise in, no matter how much I'd like not to.

Tomorrow night we'll be attending a going-away dinner that Andy & Alicia are hosting for Forrest & Gail and Cole. It's gonna be quiet around come Thursday!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment