Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Change in Schedule

Haven't I mentioned how much I enjoy routine and structure? Well, it seems that I need to learn to be more flexible – what a concept! Gumby, I am not. But, I am much better than I was twenty years ago. :) So, I'm getting there.

Anyway, what I'm getting to is that today I work a full shift; 9am to 6pm. Last week I worked a full day on Friday and thought that was going to be the new schedule. But, tomorrow Andy & Alicia are taking Forrest & Gail and us to “30A,” their old stomping grounds. Apparently, 30A is a known resort area, filled with lots of things to do. Guess we'll find out!

I think “schedule” is going to be a word that I won't be using much over the next few weeks, anyway. With Forrest, Gail and Cole leaving next week, Randy & I are going to be working more hours/days. I think we'll have something of a routine, but it will also depend on the needs of the park and the owners. And that's okay. We're here to work and the work is easy, so we're not going to complain.

It's also going to get quite busy, for me at least. I am participating in the Easter program at church (in the choir) and rehearsals are heating up. Sunday we begin rehearsing twice a week – Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings. And I understand that the closer it gets, the more we rehearse, with the week of the performances bringing rehearsals every day.

So, life will be very interesting from now until April 8, Easter Sunday.

Other than tomorrow's outing, I will be attending a women's event Saturday morning at church while Randy works here at the park. Then, of course, Sunday morning will be worship with choir rehearsal Sunday afternoon.

I will share with you how great this workamping gig has turned out, though. When we got here, it seemed like it was going to be a long four months. I was concerned that we would really be missing our friends and church home back in Alabama and time would drag. And while we do miss “home,” God has provided new friends here at the campground and a wonderful church for us here in Bonifay. I truly enjoy my Bible study group and the folks in choir. We have been so lovingly welcomed that it's hard to believe I was ever concerned.

I am grateful for the life I have been given. And I thank God for it every day.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment