Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gypsy Journal Rally, Day 3

I was up early again this morning (5:50!!) and was out the door to go to Curves by 6:10. Aren't I the industrious one? ;) I told Randy I have slept better the last two nights than I have in a long time. Not sure why, but it's been nice.

Oh, and before I go further about today, I have to print a correction. The name of the seminar we attended yesterday was "Highway History and Back Road Mysteries." I got the name backwards. Now on to the events of today.

We were at coffee and doughnuts by a little after 8am. Both of us had seminars we wanted to attend; I went to Camp Hosting at State Parks and Randy attended Tire Monitoring Systems. I don't know that we will ever workamp again, but hosting in states parks is attractive to me. Brenda & Ron Spiedel did a great job of giving us lots of information. Randy said he learned quite a bit in his seminar, too.

After that first seminar, I went to the hospitality building to help out with t-shirt and book sales and general information. I find this is much more my niche than attending lots of seminars. I've signed up to help out more tomorrow. Randy attended a second seminar on Fire Safety; this has been one of the more popular seminars. Apparently, the fellow who leads it is very informative and keeps your attention.

Apparently, we have been courteous guests of the town of Celina because the local paper did a feature on the rally and put the article on the front page! It's nice to know that we can have a positive impact on the economy of a small town. The fairgrounds management has also commented that we have been good guests. Isn't that great!

The day's events ended with a pizza party for all 230 folks in attendance and entertainment provided by "One More Time," a married couple who do a variety act. They were cute and humorous. Lots of audience participation. It was a fun way to end the day.

Lots of pizza . . .
for lots of people!
Our entertainment

Tomorrow the rally will end. We'll say "so long" to new friends and hope to see them on the road some time. Most of us will pull out on Friday morning heading to various destinations, but feeling good about what we've learned and who we've met. Pretty cool.

Jon & Kathleen


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment