Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Busy Friday

I started the day with my usual cup of coffee and Bible reading. Then, it was off to Curves. I went to a new club today; it's more than half the distance of the one I belong to. I wanted to see if I would like it. Each club is different as it takes on the personality of its members. Some have not been very friendly, while others are very small and still others are too friendly. :) I like my home club in York, but since Lins doesn't go any more, I figured I'd try this other one. The women were friendly (not too!) and made me feel welcome. My only concern about it is the parking - it's on street and with my behemoth of a vehicle, it is sometimes difficult to find space big enough. But, I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Back home, I made a grooming appointment for Blackie - it's WAY overdue. Then, I called in for refills on our prescriptions. I finished a second cup of coffee and it was time to go to Lindsay's to do laundry. The only good thing about doing laundry here is that I get to see Lins & Reagan. I spent a few hours there, did three loads of wash, and came back home. Randy was kind enough to clean the bathroom for me while I was gone. It needed it badly and I just hadn't got to it this week.

We had a couple of hours of down time before I had to get dinner going. We had breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs and scrapple. Yummy.

This evening I went to a function at church, Girls Night Out. Lindsay and two of her friends, Pam & Michelle went, too. I had no idea what to expect, but it was great. Lots of laughter, funny skits, stories, and TV clips from of some classic comediennes - Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett and Gilda Radner. That stuff just doesn't get old. I had a really good time.

I've said this before, so excuse the repetition. There are few things I truly miss being a full-time RVer. But, one of them is belonging to a local church body. There is nothing like feeling part of a community. This evening was bittersweet in that as much as I enjoyed it, I knew that I wouldn't be able to expand on it and become part of it. That's hard for me because I am a joiner. However, as in most things in life, there is lots of good and a little bad, or less good. RVing is a wonderful life and I am grateful to have the opportunity to do so while we can. So, if I whine once in awhile, remind me how blessed I am, okay? :)

Tomorrow looks like it's going to be a lazy day. The weather's supposed to be ugly, so it'll be a good day to stay at home. Sunday Lins, Reagan and I are headed to my folks' for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to that. After that, who knows? :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. What a great Saturday morning.... had my coffee... read your blog and now I get to play with Skylar! Life's good! Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete