Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, August 31, 2009

August? Done!

Just 25 days until we leave Pennsylvania until May 2010. Wow. Hard to believe. Gotta be sure to spend the days wisely and see as many friends as possible. It always seems that we wait until the last month to get all those dates on the calendar. Oh, well. As long as we do it!

Started the day off like being shot out of a cannon! Had to get up and out early (7:10) so I could get Curves out of the way. Back home I jumped in the shower and got myself ready to go back out the door for a breakfast date with Cheri. I made it to the restaurant by 9:15 as planned. Whew.

Cheri and I had a great time at breakfast - lots of laughter and chatting. It was 11:00 before we knew it!! Thank goodness the restaurant wasn't full so we didn't have to feel bad about taking up a booth for that long. :)

The weather was so gorgeous today that when I got home from breakfast, I got my dulcimer out and sat outside in the screen room for almost 2 hours playing music. It felt really good to play again. I haven't touched my dulcimer but once, maybe, since we've been in PA. Gotta get my fingers limbered up for Alabama!

This evening we met Lins & Reagan at TGI Friday's for dinner. That was nice 'cause we hadn't seen them since Thursday. I know, I know. That's not that long, but it is for us when we're here. We usually see each other every couple of days. I felt like it had been forever! :) We got to hear all about Reagan's first gymnastics class as she had come to dinner straight from it. Sounds like she'll be getting a workout!

Tomorrow we're packing a picnic lunch and going to a park in Littitz. Lins says it's a great park and it has a free petting zoo. Can't beat free! I just want to be out in this fantastic weather.

Hope you all are doing well wherever you might be! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment