Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Few Days in Ocean City, MD

Since I was leaving for a few days, Randy & I had a great breakfast at one of our favorite local diners, White Horse Diner, this morning. (Like we need a reason to go to breakfast!)

Full-bellied, we headed over to Lindsay's so Randy could drop me off. A couple of hugs later, Lindsay, Reagan, & I headed out. We had an uneventful drive to my folks' in Ocean City. It took only 3.5 hours to get - with a 15 minute stop to grab some lunch.

My folks are thrilled to have Reagan here. They last saw her at the 4th of July blast at my sister's house. My folks absolutely adore their grandchildren and great grandchildren and love having them around. So, for the next few days, I'm sure Reagan will be spoiled. It actually already started because we were here for only a few minutes when Reagan asked DadDad for one of his famous milkshakes - strawberry, please. And, of course, he complied. :)

This afternoon we, including Grandma, went to the visitors' center at Assateague Island National Seashore. There are sea creatures to hold, a big aquarium, and lots of other shells, driftwood, etc., to touch and explore. There is a program that allows you to adopt one of the wild horses that live on the island. Each of the other three great grandchildren have done this, so of course, it was Reagan's turn today. She picked a young pony named Chestnut. After the paperwork was completed, we jumped into the van to see if we could find him. The rangers said they often see him and he is easy to spot because he has unique markings on his neck. While we saw lots of ponies and deer, unfortunately, we didn't find Chestnut today. Reagan took it very well, too.

Next on the agenda was dinner. We stopped back at the house to pick up DadDad and headed to Applebee's which is Reagan's favorite. After a good dinner, we went to WalMart because I wanted to find a visor as I had left mine at home. No luck finding one, though. I think it's the first time I've ever walked out of WalMart without spending ANY money!! :)

That was our day. We did have a little scare when Reagan fell out of the recliner and landed on her head! It scared all of us - especially her. She's got a pretty good headache, poor thing. We're hoping she's feeling better tomorrow.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry...where are you guys headed when you leave MD? We will be in VA at the river, let us know if you're near the area and come by to stay a few days!!
    Sorry about your blisters.....I feel your pain!!
    And, echo your sentiments about missing your Church...we'll have to start our own!
    Hope to see you...on the road!