Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Time With My Folks

Yesterday, I had to go to the eye doctor's to have two eye tests. The doctor is trying to determine whether I have the beginnings of glaucoma. Yay. Anyway, I got those tests done and then Randy & I headed east to Ocean City, MD to spend a couple of days with my folks.

We arrived without mishap a little before 9pm last night. We visited with Daddy & Mommy for awhile and then we all hit the bed. Um, Mommy & Daddy went to their bed and we went to ours. Just want to clarify that. :)

We had a lazy start to the day today. It was nice to move slowly. Just before noon, Mommy started getting antsy and wanted to get out and about. It was decided we'd do a little shopping since Mommy had to return some shirts she'd bought. Randy & Daddy went with us, too.

We spent some time shopping and then it was off to an early dinner. We went to a local restaurant my folks enjoy, Barbely's. It is a family owned place that's been in business since 1950. I got a couple of pictures, but don't have my USB cable with me so I can't upload them. I'll share them with you when I get home.

Each of us enjoyed our meals; I got fried chicken, Randy & Daddy had hamburger steak, and Mommy had fried catfish. The portions are more than enough and very tasty. Of course, I teased Daddy that food always tastes better to me when HE pays for it! ;)

That's it for the last couple of days. We'll be here until Sunday morning when we'll head back to PA with a stop at my sister's on the way.

Hope you have a good weekend! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment