Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

What a Great Day

Okay, this weather is just phenomenal. Now, it did get a little warm today so that we had to turn on the A/C, but still . . . just gorgeous.

Now, I told you about Long's Park the other day; you know, the park that Randy, Lins, Reagan & I went to that I thought was just great. Well, this weekend there is an Arts & Crafts Festival being held there. I figured it would be fun to go to it today. So, off we went with Barry & Penny.

The vendors at this festival were very high-end - read, out of our price range! ;) There were photographers, painters, clothiers, goldsmiths, jewelers, sculptors, and one fellow who made psaltrys and dulcimers. They were just beautiful instruments. It was fun walking around the many booths. There were a couple hundred of them! Plus there was a food court set up in one of the fields. And there was live music as well.

Interesting, and huge, metal sculpture

Doesn't everyone need a penguin table?

Lots of places to sit and eat and listen to the music

After we'd walked around and looked at all the vendors had to offer, Penny & I smelled hot dogs! It was time to get something to eat. We found a shaded table and enjoyed our hot dogs and the Celtic music. We all agreed it had been a nice morning.

On the way home we saw a fox in a field. It's so unusual to see one out in midday and he seemed to be on the hunt. We sat on the side of the road and watched him for a few minutes.


Once we got home, I got out my dulcimer and played a bit. Barry & Penny had been bugging me for a "concert." I assured them it wouldn't be much, but they wanted to hear me play. So, I indulged them. HA! :)

This evening Randy and I met good friends David & Beth at Carraba's. We spent a couple of hours catching up with each other's lives and just enjoying being together. David & Beth are some of those folks we always make sure we touch base with when we are home. They are good people and we love them. We always know that we're in for a pleasant evening when we're with them.

Wow, what a great day we had today. Time spent with friends and gorgeous weather. It just doesn't get much better than this.

Until the next time . . .

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day!
    The weather has been AMAZING! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds6:51 AM

    Glad to hear you had so much fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day. I haven't been to a good craft show in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing both of you later this month...oh rats...that means I gotta clean the house!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete