Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthdays and Good-byes

Before I get to the day’s events, I wanted to add my two cents (‘cause that’s all I’ve got!) about using Live Writer for posting blog entries. I had been reading about it from some of the blogs I follow and figured I’d give it a shot. Well, I really like it! Posting pictures is a breeze with it, so I think I’ll keep using it. Thanks to all those who have talked about it in your blogs so that those of us who didn’t know about it could check it out!

Now, on to the day . . .

Two of my favorite people celebrated their birthdays today; my big sister, Paula, and my new friend, Gerri. I called my sis first thing this morning and sang to her, but for some reason, she wasn’t overly thrilled. Hmmmm . . . could it be because it was only 8:30? Oh, well. I just wanted her to know how much I love her. Gerri got off easy – I just sent her a card and posted on her Facebook page. :)

With the way the rain poured during the night, I wasn’t sure if we were going to make it to church this morning! I was thinking we might need a boat. Thankfully, the rain stopped by the time we needed to leave for church. The sun actually began to shine, but it was cold! The wind was blowing with a vengeance. Sure doesn’t seem like Spring here in lower Alabama!

We spent the afternoon watching the miniseries, John Adams, which we borrowed from Darrell & Judy. It’s really good!

This evening we joined in the Ice Cream Social, as usual. I was little sad this evening because we had to say good-bye, or “see ya later” to Mike & Peggy. They will be leaving in the morning to begin their trek home to Maine. It’s always hard to see folks leave, but in this case, we do know that we’ll be seeing again soon when we all meet in Maine this summer. Randy & I have really enjoyed getting to know them and look forward to sharing more stories this summer.

Well, that’s about it from the Guiler home. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment