Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

End of Another Month!

The first quarter of 2010 will be history in less than four hours. Wow.  And it looks like Spring has finally come to lower Alabama. YAY!

Today wasn’t much more productive than yesterday. :) I went to Curves first thing this morning, then came home to grab a shower and a couple cups of coffee, and caught up on the blogs and Facebook.

The weather has become gorgeous, temps in the 70s with a gentle breeze. And Randy put the awning out!! Yes, I know that seems a goofy thing to get excited about, but I like having the awning out. This winter we’ve not had it out much at all due to how windy it’s been. So, I was excited to see Randy outside setting it up. :)

And I got myself out there. I took my cross stitch project, my phone, a glass of iced tea and settled myself in my lounge chair under the awning. Sooooo  nice. I spent a couple of hours out there. It was fantastic.

This evening we went to a viewing. The brother-in-law of one of the women in my Bible study died and the viewing was this evening. We just stopped by long enough to let Paula know we were there.

After the viewing, we drove home via the scenic route through Fairhope and Point Clear, looking for somewhere to get dinner. We ended up at Wintzell’s, a seafood restaurant. We’ve eaten at the one in Spanish Fort so we knew we’d get a good meal. I got blackened shrimp and Randy got a crab omelet po’ boy. Both were good. We even splurged and got dessert! Randy got peach cobbler which he wasn’t thrilled with, but my bread pudding was scrumptious! It was such a huge serving that I couldn’t finish it, but Randy had no trouble helping me out. :)

Now we’re home and settled in our recliners. Tomorrow will be busy – Pickers jam, and first-of-the-month grocery run. We’re gonna wait until Friday to go to the bank. I know! Such a break from the routine! :)

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment