Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Breakfast & Dinner Out with Beautiful Weather In-between

The day started a bit chilly – 41 degrees – as I got out the door to go to Curves. Of course, I left about 6:25 so it was rather early! I don’t often set the alarm, but I had to get there first thing this morning because the early morning crew planned to go to breakfast after exercising! Wait – isn’t that what you’re supposed to do? Isn’t that why we exercise so diligently? So we can go out to eat? Please don’t tell me if that’s wrong, ‘cause I don’t wanna be right! :)

Six of us went to breakfast at a little Mom & Pop place. Really, that’s the name of the restaurant, Mom & Pop’s Restaurant! The food was okay, I won’t be rushing back. But, it was nice to sit and talk with the women who I exercise with. One of them is Susan, who I now go to Bible study and church with. It was a nice time.

I got home about 8:30 or so, got my shower and hit the computer. Gotta get my daily fix of Facebook and blogs! :) Once that was done, it was time to sit outside and enjoy the 70 degree sunshine! Randy was doing just fine inside, in his recliner with his computer and TV. :) I just had to sit outside for a while. I did some Bible study and some cross stitching. It was wonderful. But, then the breeze died and it was actually hot sitting there in the sun!

It was about time for lunch, so I came inside. A little bit later, Mike & Peggy stopped by to firm up plans to go to dinner at Paul’s Restaurant this evening. Paul’s was having an authentic German dinner tonight and Randy wanted to go, so we invited Mike & Peggy and Darrell & Judy. Dick & Pat were already on board. Darrell & Judy declined ‘cause we’re also going out to dinner tomorrow night to Big Daddy’s, but Mike & Peggy decided to go. We visited for a bit with them and then they were off to finish their walk.

This afternoon Randy had his psaltery group. I continued to relax at home, reading and then getting ready to go out to dinner.

About 5:30 Mike & Peggy came to pick us up and Dick & Pat followed in their car. We got to Paul’s and found the parking lot to be about three quarters full.

P1110350

Not a big deal, right? Well, once we were inside, we found out that they were taking reservations! Not a place you’d expect that! But, the wait for a table was just 30 minutes, so that wasn’t too bad and we had good company to make the time go by.

P1110355 P1110352

We were soon seated and gave our orders. Mike, Peggy, Dick & Randy ordered the German dinner and pronounced it very good. Pat & I got a chicken and rice dish which was tasty as well. The service left a bit to be desired as they seemed to be overwhelmed. I’ll admit it was fairly busy and I guess they weren’t prepared for that. But, again we were in no hurry and the conversation flowed, so we enjoyed ourselves. It was nice being able to get to know Mike & Peggy better.

We’re home now and settled into our recliners for the rest of the evening. Another good day. Oh, and a sure sign Spring is on the way . . . the requisite Easter Bunny picture! Isn’t Reagan just too cute? :)

Easter Bunny 2010

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Glad you all were able to get together for dinner and neat that they were having unique German food. I can only imagine the laughter, fun and conversation.

    Yes, I agree, Reagan is adorable! What a cute smile. :)

    Have fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete