Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

A mishmash of a day. I woke up early this morning - and with NO headache! ;) - so I spent a little quiet time with God and then went to Curves.

The sky sure looked like it want to pour rain, but it never happened. Not that I'm complaining! By the time I got home from Curves, the sun was shining brightly.

After getting a shower and having my second cup of coffee while I read the blogs and caught up on Facebook, I made us breakfast. Yes, we ate breakfast at home; a novel concept, huh? :) I made hash browns and fried eggs. And it was yummy, even if I do say so myself!

Then, it was time to get outside for a bit and do some cross stitching. The sun was so bright and warm, I didn't last long. Yeah, I know; complain, complain. But, we don't have the awning out yet 'cause Randy's concerned about some wind that may be coming, so the sun was beating down hard. It was nice to be outside, though.

This afternoon Randy went to his psaltery group and I made mac & cheese for our cookout. Pat had some pork she wanted to make into barbecue so she had asked several of us to get together this evening for a potluck.

So, about 5pm, Dick & Pat, Ron & Ruth, Darrell & Judy, Clyde & Sarita, and Randy & I gathered outside in our yard for dinner. I love potlucks - folks always bring good food. Along with the barbecue and mac & cheese, we had baked beans, cole slaw, fruit salad, chips and Hershey kisses for dessert. The food was great and the conversations fun. It was a nice way to end the day.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera out! I was so mad when I walked back inside and saw it sitting on the table! Oh, well. Next time, hopefully.

But, just to give you a grin, here's our granddaughter, Reagan, showing off her newly pierced ears. She was very excited to call us this evening to let us know she gotten them done! And, apparently, she was every inch the grown-up girl and didn't even flinch! Way to go, Reagan!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment