Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

And So It’s Over for Another Year

The day didn't get off to a great start. I was rudely awakened about 5:40 this morning with a lousy headache. Ugh. Not the way I like my day to begin. And I had a busy day ahead, too; music in the morning, mammogram in the afternoon and final Mardi Gras activities in the evening.

When the headache hadn't eased by 8am, I knew music was getting scratched from the agenda. I just couldn't do it. And you what? I didn't have to. One of the joys of retirement is not having to do much of anything. I figured I was better off trying to get rid of the headache so I could enjoy the evening festivities.

I did get myself over to the hospital for the mammogram. That's one of those things that must be done – retired or not! :)

Today being Fat Tuesday, we attended the last of this year's Mardi Gras activities; dinner, skits, and the disposing of the King and Queen. And dumb me!! I forgot the camera!!

As usual, Larry fixed us a great meal and his kitchen volunteers did a fabulous job of getting it out to the more than 200 folks who were there. We had meat loaf, mashed potatoes w/gravy, green beans, a roll and dessert. We are fortunate here at Rainbow Plantation to have a great staff who work very hard at ensuring the campers and residents have a good time.

We had a fabulous time, laughing 'til the tears came and then laughing a little more. As folks began to leave, many of us commented on what a great Mardi Gras this was. And it truly was. Lots of folks volunteered their time to put on skits; decorate floats, golf carts, cars, scooters, and themselves; provide musical entertainment; serve food; and clean up.

That's how we roll here at the Plantation. :)

If you find yourself in Lower Alabama near Mardi Gras, be sure to join us. You won't be sorry you did!!

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. I think that is one of my favorite meals. Good ole down home comfort food. Hope your headache is better.

    ReplyDelete