Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rekindling an Old Friendship

It was another beautiful day in LA, that is Lower Alabama to you northerners. :) A slight breeze, sunshine and 80 degrees. Yummy!

I went to a new dulcimer group today, Jam N Folks. I know a few folks from that group, several of which live in the park, so I decided to join them this year. I'll continue with my other group, Jubilee Pickers, as well. So, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be dulcimer days for me this winter. I really enjoyed playing again. It's so much fun being with other people who laugh and enjoy making music. Jam N Folks plan to record a CD in January, so that's pretty exciting.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I think, several friends left today to go to a dulcimer festival in Century, Florida - about an hour and a half from here. Randy & I think we'll join them on Saturday just for the day. From what everyone said today at Jam N Folks, it sounds like a good time.

The best thing that happened today is that Randy & I were able to rekindle an old RVing friendship! Back in 2006 we met Roy & Barb in Livingston, TX. They were one of the very few couples who were our age and we just clicked. For the next year or so, we'd meet up in various locations and explore together. The last time we saw them was here in Summerdale in March 2007. After that, we lost touch. I had emailed them several times and left several phone messages, but never heard from them. I thought we had somehow offended them the last time we were together and didn't know it. I was pretty upset over the whole thing and prayed that there would be an opportunity to reconcile the relationship someday.

Well, guess what! Roy & Barb are workampers here at the Plantation!! When we were leaving for dulcimer rehearsal this morning, I saw Roy walking their dogs. The women I was with said that he was a workamper. I relayed my story to them and they reiterated what great folks Roy & Barb are. I agreed and said I hoped that we could talk with them before they leave.

When I got home from rehearsal, I told Randy that Roy & Barb were here as workampers and I wanted to go over and knock on their door and see if we could find out what happened. So, this evening we took Blackie for his walk and Roy & Barb were outside and it gave us a perfect opportunity to talk to them. The first thing out of Roy's mouth was "Where the heck have you all been?? You've dropped off the radar!" We said the same thing to him! It seems they didn't get the emails and we never got any of theirs, either. We spent the next hour or so catching up with each other. It was like the last year and a half never happened.

I am thrilled that we have been able to rekindle this friendship. We always enjoyed our time with Roy & Barb and I have missed that interaction. I hope that we can stay in touch now that we've reestablished contact. Sadly, they are leaving the Plantation the end of the month, but at least we can grab some time together before then.

You just never know what God has in store for you and what is around the corner. I thought our friendship with Roy & Barb was over and I just needed to let it go. But, here we have been given a second opportunity to build on that friendship. I am grateful for that.

Hope you had a good day, too! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment