Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Manicure/Pedicure and a Potluck Dinner

Another great day. It wasn't quite as cool outside this morning as it has been the past couple of days. However, it was a very brisk 59 degrees in the rig when I got up this morning!! I thought Randy had turned on the furnace last night (and so did he), but apparently not. ;) Oh, well. It didn't take too long to warm up. And I was out the door fairly quickly anyway - I was off to Curves.

Once home from Curves I had about an hour before I had to get ready to go back out. Ruth wanted me to go with her and a couple of other women to the local beauty school to get mani/pedis. Ruth had been to the school before and it is very inexpensive so I figured why not give it a try. The two other women were Joyce and Sarita. Joyce and her husband also rent a site from Ron & Ruth and Sarita lives on one of the long term leased lots in the park. Very nice people.

Well, the mani/pedi wasn't the best I've ever had; as a matter of fact, it wasn't very good, but for $20 I'm not going to complain too much. After all, I knew I was going to a school and the technician did the best she could. She was much more adept at cutting hair. Yes, I decided to get my hair cut there. Actually, it turned out pretty good - and it was ONLY FIVE DOLLARS! Yeah, you read it right. I'll go back to the school for a haircut, but I'll go to a nail salon for my mani/pedis from now on. After our pampering, the four of us went to lunch at Applebee's and I was able to get to know Joyce & Sarita a little better. Sarita and her husband, Clyde, are full-timers as well, but Joyce and Al have a home in Michigan.

This evening we had a potluck dinner at the clubhouse. Man, there were a lot of folks in attendance and the tables were groaning under the weight of all the dishes. (And now so am I!) We sat with Ron & Ruth, Joyce & Al, and friends of Joyce & Al's, Joan & Ed. There was also a single women, Judy, but she was at the other end of the table and I didn't get to speak with her much. I did take a couple of pictures of our table, but unfortunately, they came out blurry. Ugh! I guess I was in too much of a hurry. But I did take a couple of shots of the room and the tables!

The crowd gathers
Folks are looking over the choices
Should we start at the dessert table?
Anyway, we had a great time of food and conversation. Joan & Ed sat across from Randy & I so we were able to get to know them a bit. They are in the campground and will be here for awhile. They're not sure how long, they like to keep their options open.

This is one of the best parts about our full-time RVing lifestyle - getting to know folks and hearing their stories. I love hearing how people decide to live this life and the path that lead them to it. We always find some common thread among us and it's a joy to explore that.

Tomorrow is laundry and grocery day. It's the first of the month and that means PAY DAY! This is the only grocery run of the month that I really like. :) We have lots of money and we do a big order so that our freezer and pantry are full for the month. So, now I have to post this entry and finish the grocery list.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment