Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Lazy, Laundry, Lazy

After being awoken a couple of times during the night because of the torrential wind and rain, I finally dragged myself out of bed about 7:30 which is late for me. I felt like somebody had beat me up during the night, and Randy swears it wasn't him! :) So, I blew off Curves this morning, but I did walk with Randy & Blackie. Not the same, but better than nothing; or so I tell myself. :)

We spent the morning watching GMA and reading on the computer. Finally, about 12:30, I figured I needed to do something productive, so I gathered the laundry together and went over to the laundry room to do it. I love doing the laundry in laundry rooms! I know, it's easier to have a washer/dryer in your own rig and there are times I would love to have that, but by doing laundry in a laundry room I can do multiple loads at one time and be done in just a couple of hours. So, I'll probably never have my own washer and dryer.

Back at the rig around 2:30pm, I got my book and glass of iced tea, put my lounger in the shade and proceeded to get lazy again. :) I spent the next couple of hours reading and napping.

The best part of the day came just as I was getting ready to settle back inside for the evening. Margery, whose blog I follow, came by for a visit! I knew she and her husband, Paul, were in the park and we've emailed back and forth trying to catch up with one another, but it hadn't happened. So, I was thrilled when I walked outside to find Margery walking up to the rig!

We sat and talked for quite awhile. It was great - we seem to have much in common. I'm looking forward to getting to know both her and Paul better. We're hoping to join them for dinner before they leave next week. One of the best parts of this life - meeting new people!

Tomorrow we're going to Century, Florida for the day to attend a dulcimer festival. Lots of friends are already there. Eight of us are meeting in the morning, going to breakfast then heading to the festival. Looking forward to lots of good music!

Until the next time . . .


1 comment:

  1. I used to think the same as you about doing laundry. Had you considered that while you were watching GMA and computering, you could have had your laundry going in your own home?

    Pat

    ReplyDelete