Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beginning the “Last ofs”

This is the tough part of traveling - leaving people you love! Granted, we'll see them "down the road," but it's still one of my least favorite parts of this life.

Today we had a couple of "last ofs;" you know, the last one of something. I went to the
last of my dulcimer jam sessions for this season. That was a little hard because I don't play the dulcimer much when I'm not down here. So, I miss these folks!! Both the groups I play with always make me feel so welcome and I look forward to playing with them when we get back in November.

Our second, well my second and Randy's first,
last of the day was the campfire this evening. Several couples get together most evenings for a campfire. They gather about 3:30/4:00 for a couple of hours to chat, to eat sometimes and always to laugh together. We have totally enjoyed being included in these campfires. These couples have become very precious to Randy and me and, again, we will miss them.




Just three more days until we head west. Hard to believe . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment