Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Breakfast, Books, & Business

I was a wimp this morning - I didn't go to Curves because it was so very cold this morning. Yeah, I know, how tough is it to walk from the rig to a warmed-up truck into Curves? But, I wimped out anyway. I made up for it by going out to breakfast! That makes sense, doesn't it?? ;)

Actually, earlier this week we had made plans with Dick & Pat to go out to breakfast this morning. It was just supposed to be AFTER I got back from Curves. Randy really wanted to go down to Gulf Shores to Hazel's, a diner that has a great breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelettes. As usual, it was really good.

After breakfast we took a ride to find the church where a praise concert is being held tomorrow night. We found it and continued along the road looking at some of the beautiful homes built along Mobile Bay. We also drove through a couple of RV parks just to see what's available in the area. You never know if you'll need to find another site for some reason. But, these parks are at least $100 more a month. And while they are nice, we still like the Plantation best! Hopefully, we'll never have to use these other parks.

On the way home, we stopped and got a propane tank filled - our second of the week. The furnace is running like crazy in this cold weather! Our last stop was the Book Exchange in Foley. I think I mentioned this store sometime earlier. It is run by a young family who used to live in the park. I'd been wanting to take some books in there and Pat also had books she wanted to trade so it was a good time to go. The store has a wonderful assortment of genres, something for everyone. I traded seven books and came home with at least that many and not all of them for me! Randy got some, too. It's always a good day when you get new books!

When we got home, we took Blackie for a nice walk around the park. I figured that made up a little for not going to Curves this morning. As we passed by the laundry room, we saw that no one was using it, so I figured it would be a good time to get the business of laundry done. This way I wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, in the frigid cold, and do it. So, that's what I did.

And, yes, I really stretched the use of the word, "business." :) But, I needed a "b" word for the alliterative title of this post. I figured, laundry was taking care of business, so there you go.

The rest of our day has been quiet. Hope the start to your weekend has been a good one.

Until the next time . . .


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    Im sorry to hear about your 'cold' weather! you poor thing- how you must suffer so! Ha! just razin ya hon! Hey I cant complain about the weather to my relatives back home because it 19 below yesterday (thats on the thermometer - 35 below with the wind chill) It was 5 here yesterday morning - I wanted to do laundry but the pipes to the washing machine were frozen!

    miss you guys! So fun to read the stories. Hang in there - safe travels - love you! Bon Bon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds better than mine. We have a frozen pipe in the guest bathroom. It finally thawed this afternoon. Going to run the water tonight to keep it from freezing again. It got down to 14 degress last night. So much for being in the warm south!!

    ReplyDelete