Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Fun Day

What is going on in southern Alabama??? This morning was colder than yesterday morning and the next couple of days are going to be even colder!! Like, in the 20s at night - what the heck? But, when I look at the weather in other areas, such as the northern midwest, I should not complain. So, that's the end of that.

Since it was so cold this morning, I decided I wasn't rushing out the door to go to Curves. I just took my time, had a couple of cups of coffee, had some computer time and watched GMA. About 8:30, the sun was shining brightly, so it was time to get out the door. If I sat around too much longer, I probably wouldn't have gone. I went, and had a much better workout than on Monday!

This afternoon I went over to the clubhouse to play music. Every week on Wednesday afternoons a bunch of acoustic players get together and jam. We had mountain dulcimers, a guitar, and hammered dulcimers today. We played for about 2 hours and had a wonderful time.

This evening we went to El Toro, a Mexican restaurant in Foley, to celebrate Ron's 66th birthday. There were 15 of us and we had a great time, as usual.


The food is very good at this restaurant and we ate too much - but that's nothing new! And since Pat had a birthday last week, we sang to her, too! Both Ron & Pat got to wear the birthday sombreros while we sang. Isn't that special???? :)



Now, I'm relaxing in my recliner, watching American Idol and posting this entry. Isn't life grand? :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:33 PM

    me too! we get american idol 2 days later--don't simons facial expressions crack you up -when he smiles you know they've got thru--over here we have The X Factor-with groups as well as solo singers altho a group has never won-simons a very rich man from these programs--glad you're feeling better-xx

    ReplyDelete