Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday, Monday . . .

Another week has begun, and what a week it will be - we are privileged to be a part of a monumental historical event. Every four years we are part of history in that we can choose the person we want to lead our country. But, this year, regardless of your persuasion, we get to see an even bigger event - the first person of color to be elected President of the United States. While I did not vote for President-elect Obama, I am still thrilled to see that our country has moved passed what someone's skin color is to look at the character of that person. And Obama will be my president, I have already begun to pray for him and our congress, asking God to direct their leadership and that they will seek His direction for our country.

Okay, enough of that. Back to my reality. :)

We had a normal day today, no dining out, no running around, just hanging out at home. I went to Curves this morning, came home and caught up on my computer reading. After watching TV and seeing some of the inaugural happenings, I finally tore myself away to clean the bathroom.

The rest of the day was spent just doing whatever came to mind. I took Blackie for a walk, did some cross stitching, read, etc. Just another day in the life.

Hope your week is off to a good start. Until the next time . . .


1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts....well said! We're watching the inauguration right now!

    ReplyDelete