Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Evening with Friends

Today started out pretty darn cold, but soon warmed up to a pleasant, sunny 60-something degrees. I can live with that! :)

Most of the day was spent on the computer and then cleaning out cabinets. I played with an itinerary for our fall trip, plugging in places where we want to stop on our way back to Alabama. I think we've got a great trip in the works!

After I finished with the trip plans, I got a wild hair and decided to clean out the cabinets over our recliners. The impetus for this was the books I bought at the Book Exchange yesterday. I needed to make room for them in my book bins. I had decided that many of the things in the overhead cabinets could be stored under our bed since they were things we don't often use. Once I got my cabinet cleaned up, I started on Randy's. It's amazing how much stuff we can accumulate even in our little home.

I felt really good after we were done rearranging and ridding ourselves of the stuff not needed any longer. Felt like we'd accomplished something instead of just sitting around one more day.

Once all this organization was finished, it was time for me to get ready to go out. We were going out to dinner with a group of friends. There were 12 of us. We went to DeSoto's, a local seafood restaurant that has very good food. All of us were pleased with our choices.

After dinner we went to a praise/worship concert hosted by Church of the Holy Spirit Episcopal Church. The concert was by Lynn DeShazo, a songwriter/musician who has written many praise songs. I had not heard of her prior to this, but really enjoyed the evening. She lead us in singing and worship in a very mellow way. When it was over, you really felt you had been in the presence of the Lord. Great way to spend a Saturday night.

Tomorrow we are going out to eat yet again! We are going to celebrate Ron & Ruth's 45th anniversary. Isn't that marvelous? I can't wait 'til Randy and I can do that!!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment