Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Cold Continues

Dag! We're on the South Carolina/Georgia line and it is COLD! I know the cold is everywhere, but I really am tired of it being here. Folks up north will not feel sorry for us at all, I know. :) We woke to 26* this morning and the temps rose to the high 40s. Not what we were expecting for this area at all. Oh, well. There's no snow and it could be colder. So, enough whining.

I did get myself to Curves this morning. That's a plus. I also stopped at the post office to mail a few things. I got lucky there – I thought it would be a zoo so I got there when it opened, or so I thought. I got there about 9am, but they actually opened at 8:30. The clerk told me I missed the long line. :) So, being late worked for me.

After eating some lunch, I made myself do the laundry. I really wanted to just hunker in the RV and stay warm, but we're getting low on underwear! :) So off I went. The laundry facility here at the park isn't five-star, but there are four washers and four dryers so you can get it all done at once. And that's what I did. I was done before 2pm.

Spent the afternoon as usual. Leftovers for dinner. Another exciting day in the life. :)

Tomorrow we hope to lunch with Paula Deen at her restaurant, Lady and Sons. Gotta get there early to our name on the list. I'll let you know how that goes!

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

  1. It is cold everywhere. Daytona Beach was down to 29 last night and forecast the same for tonight.

    We are just hibernating until it gets a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is even cool in Southern Texas. Sorry about the tree thing. I did want to see it all decked out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll need to warm it up some down there if we are going to leave our nice warm house here in Maine to come down there. The shrimp and good friends are worth the trip but warm weather would be even better!

    ReplyDelete