Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Friends

What a great day we had! Up early, I was at Curves at 6:45am. So, I got my exercise in before the day full of play ahead.

About 10am Dick, Pat, Randy & I piled into our truck for a drive. After such an ugly day yesterday, I wasn't sure we were going to have a very good day for our outing. We had some rain during the night, but woke to a beautiful morning. And the day just got better and better. At one point, I glanced at the thermometer and it was 73* and not even noon!! LOVE IT!

Anyway, we drove south, then east into Florida. We drove through the Gulf Shores National Seashore where we saw lots of folks out on the beach; fishing, walking, and just sitting. The waves of the Gulf were pounding the beach. It was beautiful.

Gulf of Mexico, Natl Seashore, FLGulf Shore Natl Seashore, FL

Then we stopped and looked out over Perdido Bay. What a difference – the water was calm and peaceful. And just as beautiful as the waves.

Perdido Bay, FLP1130087

From the park, we headed back toward home, stopping at Hazel's for lunch. They had a special going for their lunch buffet; just $5.99. Pretty good deal. All four of us enjoyed our meals.

Once we got home, we just chilled for a couple of hours, watching TV and I grabbed a short nap while Randy grabbed a shower.

This evening we went to Jim & Susan's for another fish fry. Another couple, Alan & Judy, joined us. Judy attends Bible study with me on Monday nights. The guys fried fish, french fries and hush puppies outside in a deep fryer while Susan was busy inside getting the rest of dinner ready. Judy & I kept Susan company. :)

We had a great time. The food was good; we also had baked beans and cole slaw, a real feast.

Randy, Alan, & Jim enjoying the fish fryJudy & Susan

After dinner Jim & Alan shared lots of stories about their childhood antics and the trouble they got into. All of us were howling. Let me tell you – they were some kind of mischievous kids!

Randy & I have been so blessed with the friends we have made since we've been on the road. And if I can't be back home on the East Coast, there isn't another place I'd rather be than here in Lower Alabama. It truly has become our second home.

Hope your weekend is off to a good start! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment