Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Less Hectic

I started the morning having a great conversation with our eldest, Ginny, via Facebook chat. We just don't do that often enough. She, Chuck and Tommy are doing well. Gosh, it's so hard to believe our grandson, Tommy, is going to be 12 years old next month!

The rest of the morning was spent in the usual fashion – me with an hour at Curves and then back home; Randy at home doing his normal routine.

This afternoon I met with Yvonne, with whom I'm going to sing a duet at church on February 27. That Sunday is Covenant Women Sunday at church and the women lead the entire worship service, from music to message. I'm excited, but a little nervous, too. I haven't sung in church in a very long time. But, God's giving me another opportunity to serve Him and I hope this pleases Him.

Then Randy & I spent the rest of the afternoon in front of the TV. I also updated our finances which catching up on some shows.

We had dinner once again with Darrell & Judy and Mike & Peggy. But, this time we went to Big Daddy's. Mike has been hankering for some of their blackened shrimp, so off we all went. We couldn't have him satisfy that need by himself!!

During dinner the conversation turned to plans for the summer. Darrell & Judy will be spending several weeks in Maine; first workamping and then visiting family and friends. Of course, Mike & Peggy live in Maine. They were teasing us about coming to Maine for a visit. We have no plans for travel this summer due to financial constraints and they know that – they were just playing.

And THEN . . .

Mike and Peggy invited us to come and stay with them at their house for a few days!!! Is that so very cool or what?!?!?? We told them to talk it over by themselves and let us know if they really wanted us to come. (Sometimes we shout things out in impulse and regret it later. I've heard of that happening – I've never done it, of course!:) But, no, they reiterated the invitation, saying they'd really like us to come. Such good friends. I'm a little overwhelmed with their generosity. We are blessed beyond measure with the people God has brought into our lives.

So, we'll be making some plans to take a short little sojourn to Maine this summer. I'm so excited!

Now, Randy and I are watching TV and listening to the rain on the roof. Yes, the rain is back. I know our friends, Jim & Susan, will be happy. But, me? Not so much. I'm a bit tired of the damp, chilly weather.

And yes, I know it's not as bad as the Midwest and East Coast. But, hey, that's why I'm not there!!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment