Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Riviera Ramblers

Randy and I went to Pickers music session this morning. It was a good session, but we left at the halfway break. We needed to go to WalMart to pick up a few things and I had a gig this afternoon, so I wanted to have some down time at home before I needed to leave.

So, we got our groceries and went home. After getting some lunch, I plopped myself outside in the my lounge chair to enjoy the sunshine for a bit. Randy settled in his recliner inside and watched TV.

About 2:15, Bob picked me up for our gig at Live Oak Nursing Home. I found out that our group actually has a name! I didn't know that. It's Riviera Ramblers. Not sure where it comes from 'cause the group was already named when I joined. But, it's nice to have something to call us. :)

Just before we began playing, I got one of the directors to grab a picture of us. Pam is not pictured because she was attending a hammered dulcimer workshop and couldn't join us today.

Riviera Ramblers

We had a good time performing for the folks. I just love it. They are so appreciative and it's fun to perform songs they know and can sing along with. Looks like we've got a regular gig with them now, too. Every other Thursday. Pretty cool.

This evening Randy & I splurged and got dinner at Checkers. Haven't had their burgers and fries for a long time, since last year, I think. The burgers were pretty good, but I think they are smaller than they used to be. Oh, well. That's probably better in the long run. :)

Not much else going on. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment