Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, February 11, 2011

More Music

We had sunshine today! It was a chilly start to the day, just 30* when we got up a little past 6:30 this morning. But, the sun was soon up and the day warmed up to the mid-50s by the afternoon. And the temps are supposed to continue to rise over the next few days. YAY!

While I exercised at Curves this morning, Randy took a propane tank to get filled.

Back home I got started on a cross stitch project while we watched TV. I'm liking American Idol and its new judges this year. Didn't think I'd would, but I really do. (Don't judge me!)

After lunch I got ready to go to another music session. At this rate, between Randy & I, there's soon to be music every day of the week! Not that that's a bad thing. :)

Anyway, the group with whom I played at the nursing home a couple of weeks ago got together this afternoon to practice for our repeat performance next Thursday. Yes, we've been asked back! Our group has added two more people, so we are nine strong now. So much fun. And we are putting together quite a repertoire. We'll be playing some old gospel tunes, blue grass, and traditional tunes. And I'm getting to sing a bit as well.

While I was gone, Randy was home taking care of business. :) He vacuumed, stripped the bed and remade it, and did whatever else he does when I'm not home. Such a great guy. I am very blessed to have him as my husband and best friend.

Dinner tonight was hamburger taco pie, one of Randy's favorites. Our evening festivities will be the usual – computer, TV and vegging in the recliners.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. I really don't miss the "Saturday feeling." Now that I don't work anymore, I love the "I can do anything I want" feeling. It's very liberating!

    ReplyDelete