Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Celebrating a Very Special Birthday

Today we finally were able to celebrate our love granddaughter, Kelly's, 10th birthday! She turned 10 July 2, but between her family's schedule and ours, this was the first time we were able to get together.

I call Kelly and her sister, Kate, our "love" granddaughters because they are actually no blood relation whatsoever. Their mom, Amita, and I worked together at Grace Community Church for about 4 1/2 years and were very close. Amita used to be bring Kelly to work in her infant seat and she would bring her to me. Kelly would sit on the floor by my desk and I would rock her with my foot while I worked. She was our first grandchild. She is the one who named me Nana. She is a very special young lady. Kelly, Kate and their parents, James and Amita, remain very special to us. Since we have begun traveling we are unable to see them as often as I 'd like, but we are sure to see them during the summers and at Christmas.

It was great catching up with the family today. Amita and I can chat for hours and not realize the time has passed! (I know, I know so hard to believe!) James and Randy sit with us and interject their thoughts whenever they can jump in. :) The girls are growing into such sweet young ladies. They are so very different, but both exhibit boundless joy. I love spending time with them. It's just never long enough.

Here's a couple of pictures of Kelly opening her present, with help from little sister, Kate! And then a picture of the whole family, including their dog, Aggie.






Hope you have a good day, too. Tomorrow we're going to Longwood Gardens, which is a huge botannical garden in this area. I hope I can get some good pictures!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment