Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, May 28, 2010

And So It Begins . . .

. . . the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend, the official start of summer. We sat outside this evening with Barry & Penny and watched folks come in. Our row is now filled. Most of the row are seasonal sites, but there are six or seven sites that are transient – ours being one of those. The rest are now filled with weekenders set to have a great time. And I hope they do!

Earlier today we enjoyed having Reagan over. She slept like a rock last night after wearing herself out at her school picnic. We had a terrible thunderstorm go through last night, lasting over two hours, but Reagan slept through it. I kept waiting for her to wake up and be scared, but nope! She never budged.

This morning I went to Curves while Randy and Reagan were still sleeping. When I got back, they were awake and waiting for breakfast. :) I had promised Reagan I'd make eggs, scrapple and biscuits. I had made that the last time she spent the night and it looks like it might now be tradition.

After breakfast Reagan went out to play with a little boy who is camping a couple of sites down from us. It was great! I was able to relax outside, catching up on blogs and Facebook, while she played nearby. Perfect morning. The kids actually played nicely for a couple of hours.

It got to be time for me to take Reagan home but we had to stop at the campground's playground first. So, we spent about 45 minutes there before heading to Lindsay's.

We had a wonderful time with Reagan. It brings me so much joy to be part of her life and watch her experience life. I am grateful that we are able to do that.

I got back home sometime after 3pm and just vegged, catching up on some of the shows we've DVRd. Dinner was pork chops, green beans and garlic mashed potatoes.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate Memorial Day with a ceremony at the campground. Then, the annual carnival will start. I'm helping with one of the bounce houses, I think. Anyway, I'm helping somewhere. I figure I have no way to be and it's the least I can do. The campground owners plan so many great activities weekend after weekend, so I'm glad to be able to help where I can. We'll see how thrilled I am after tomorrow! :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a fun Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete