Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Back to Normal (Whatever THAT Is!)

Well. We are set up in site #45 at Cedar Lake Campground, our home for the next six months. We got here yesterday between 3:30 and 4:00pm. By 6:00pm we were on our way to Lindsay's for dinner and a granddaughter fix. :)

Lindsay made us a scrumptious dinner and then we all went out for ice cream for dessert. We had a great time with the kids and we were exhausted by the time we got home. But, boy, is nice to be “home.”

And sleeping in our bed after a couple of weeks at my folks' was pure heaven!

This morning I got myself out the door to Curves. Ugh. First time I've been in about three weeks!! And I felt it, too. When I left Alabama, I was doing going three times around the circuit. This morning, I was so glad when I got through the requisite two. But, it'll come back. And I gotta get some of this weight off that I put on while sitting at the hospital and eating the cafeteria food!

The rest of the morning was spent doing the first-of-the-month grocery shopping. Randy & I got some breakfast at our favorite local diner, White Horse Diner, on the way. Yes, I know in the previous paragraph I wrote that I need to lose some weight and yes, I know that I went out to breakfast. HUSH! I got no potatoes or bread, just eggs and meat, so that was okay. :)

We got the grocery shopping done and headed home. After putting the goodies away, I set about getting the computer up and running. There is WiFi here and I was having trouble getting it to launch. I finally got it working using IE instead of Firefox. Not the most desirable, but it's working.

I took a walk around the park, then settled in my recliner for the rest of the afternoon. For dinner, Randy grilled hot dogs and I made a salad.

We're done for the evening. Looking forward to another good night's sleep. Yes, life is getting back to normal – whatever that is. :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Glad you guys got settled and things are getting back to "normal". We hope you have a great time visiting with family/friends and just "being". We think of you guys a lot and hope all is well. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete