Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Errands, Ryleigh & Getting Ready for a Trip

Whew! This turned out to be a very busy day. Lins and I had planned to visit Megan this afternoon and that was about it on the calendar for today. Boy, did that change last night! I realized there were a few things I needed to get done before we left Wednesday morning for a trip to Atlanta.

There were a couple of birthday gifts I needed to get in the mail AND I needed to get an oil change for the car. Plus I had to do a load of laundry – can't go away without clean undies!! :) So I was up and out the door by a few minutes past 8:00 this morning.

First stop was Target to pick up a couple of gift cards for those birthdays. In and out in less than 10 minutes. Yes, that's the kind of shopping I like! :) Next stop was The Lube Center for the oil change in my folks' car. They were kind enough to allow us the use of their car this summer, the least we could do is get the oil changed. Of course, the air and fuel filters needed changing, too! :)

By 9:30 I was on the way to Lindsay's to do the laundry. She and Reagan had haircut appointments; so I could get the laundry done while they were gone and be ready to go to Megan's when they got back. About 12:30 we were on the road to Maryland to get our Ryleigh fixes! Lins & Reagan would be meeting Ryleigh for the first time.

We had a nice visit with Megan & Ryleigh. Reagan kind of summed it up when she said, “I love her already.” Yep, we all do!

P1110587 P1110588 DSC_0001 P1110590

While I was doing my running, Randy was at home getting the campsite ready for us to be gone for a few days – putting the awning away, storing the chairs, etc. He also took Blackie to his grooming appointment and then dropped him off at Lindsay's where he'll stay while we're away.

And have I mentioned lately what a great guy my husband is? If not, well, let me tell you – HE IS! In the midst of all the errands we'd planned, my dad called to say he wanted us to get the serpentine belt replaced on the car before we took off for Atlanta! Now, remember I had already been to The Lube Center this morning. But, my dad was concerned about the belt so I had to figure how to get that done today, too. Here's where Randy becomes my hero once again. I called him to see if he could fit that in his day and, of course, he said he could. What a guy.

This evening we got our bags packed for the trip. Wow. We got everything done that needed doing today. Well, that's what happens when you've got a hero in the family! :)

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment