Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We’re in Georgia

When last we left you, we were readying ourselves for the long drive to Atlanta. Well, we made it.

We left PA at 7am yesterday and arrived at Randy's sister's home at 9pm. Yes, it was a very long day. But, the drive was uneventful, which is always a good thing, so we are grateful. We did add two more CBs to our list. At least I'm pretty sure we haven't been to these two; I'll check when we get home!

Needless to say, we didn't do a lot of socializing last night. After the hello hugs and such, everyone kind of settled down for the evening.

Today was a work and school day for Missy (Randy's sister) and our nephew, Patrick. MacKenzie (our niece) had friends spend the night last night, so she was slow to get moving this morning. Randy and I were on our own and spent the morning much as we usually do; coffee, TV, and computer. :)

About noon, MacKenzie and her girlfriend, Sam, were going to get mani/pedis and asked me if I'd like to go with them. Well, I wasn't going to turn down a chance to spend time with my niece, so I jumped at the chance. Of course, getting a manicure was a bonus! We had a nice couple of hours together, I think. I hope so!

Back at the house, MacKenzie got ready for work while I settled in for the afternoon. I worked on a new cross stitch project and watched TV. Randy vegged all day and even caught a short nap. He deserved to veg after all the driving he did yesterday.

Missy & Patrick got home and we had Italian take-out for dinner. Now, it's back to the TV for the night. Tomorrow evening's the big event – graduation!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment