Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, May 14, 2010

A New Family Member!

This has been a busy day for me. I went to lunch with Lins, Reagan and Karen, a friend of Lindsay's for the last 20 years! Karen spent a lot of time at our house when the girls were growing up. It was wonderful to see her again and get caught up on her life. She's pregnant with her first child! So exciting. We had a nice lunch and a good time together.

I also had a facial this afternoon at The Hair Studio where Lins and I attended the spa night on Wednesday. Oh, what a relaxing hour that was! In addition to the facial, the technician massaged my shoulders, neck, arms and hands. I didn't want to get up off that table, I'll tell you!

Randy gave me a nice gift while I was gone. He cleaned the bathroom! He NEVER cleans the bathroom! Yes, it needed it desperately and I planned to do it this weekend, but he did it. When I asked him why, he said he had nothing else to do today. Gosh, am I one lucky woman or what? :)

But, THE most exciting news of all today happened at 6:45 this evening: Ryleigh McNeil Gittermann was born to my niece, Megan and her husband, Matt. We are so blessed to have another baby to love. And we're praising God for her perfect self and that both mommy and baby are doing well. I'll have pictures tomorrow!

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I love her name too. I am so glad she arrived safely and both mommy and baby are doing fine. Blessings!!

    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for baby Ryleigh but yeah for Karen. I didn't know she was pregnant. That is wonderful news!!!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new addition to the family! Great name, too!

    ReplyDelete