Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Recapping the Last Couple of Days

Yes, I know. It's been three days since I last posted an entry. But, I gotta tell you, Tuesday and Wednesday didn't have a lot going on and I just didn't feel like trying to make something out of nothin'!

Wednesday evening Lindsay and I did go down to Maryland to lend support and encouragement to long-time friends whose grandfather had died. You know, it take so little to show people you care. They were touched that Lindsay and I had driven a couple of hours to see them during the viewing. Lins & I didn't think twice about it – these folks are our friends and they were hurting. Nothing else need be said. That's what you do for people you love.

Today was Reagan's end-of-school picnic. Lindsay invited Randy & I to tag along. Of course, it turns out to be the hottest day we've had thus far!! But, it was for Reagan and we went. She had a blast!! They had a couple of bounce houses, a magic show, water play area, and lunch. It was fun to watch Reagan with her buddies.

P1110629  P1110636 P1110638 P1110640 P1110641 The magic show was fantastic. I am awestruck by the tricks magicians do. It defies my understanding. And the kids were enthralled the entire time. Of course, Reagan was in the front and loud (where did she get THAT??!!!) and ultimately got picked as a volunteer. That's my girl! She loves magic and was excited to be part of the show.

P1110645 P1110650 P1110658 She ended her picnic with a few runs through the mister. Wish we coulda done that!

P1110659 P1110661

We went back to Lindsay's to finish doing the laundry. And, since Jason's out of town, the four of us grabbed dinner at Friendly's. We ended our evening with Reagan coming home with us to have a sleepover.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh . . . the joys of grandparenting!

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. What fun!! Those little guys are so cute...it brought back memories. No regrets...just memories.
    I am sure they would have let you run through that mister.:)
    Tell Randy hi for us!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete