Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Fifty-two years ago on this date, I was born on Mother's Day. Yep, I was my mom's Mother's Day present that year. Well, I like to think I've been her present EVERY year, but that's probably just me. ;)

This has been a good day. Despite the damp, ultimately rainy, weather and a trip to the dentist, it's been a good day. Thanks to all of you who bade me “happy birthday” via Facebook, texts, emails, and cards. I cannot believe how loved I am.

We started the day with breakfast at Bob Evans with Lindsay and Reagan. That always makes for a good day. After we said good-bye to them, it was off to the dentist. Good news there, too. I was a little concerned 'cause there's a spot on my gum above one of my teeth, but apparently it is just a cut. Somewhere along the line I sliced my gum and it needs to heal. So glad that's all it is! I was afraid my birthday money (not that I got any!) would be shared with the dentist! :)

After the dentist, we picked Lindsay & Reagan up and went shopping. The doc said I needed to get a wedge to sleep on to see if it will help the nausea and reflux I've been having at night. So, it was off to Bed, Bath & Beyond, one of Randy's favorite stores. We found the wedge, some salad tongs I'd been looking for, and one of the “entertainment” coupon books on sale for a third of the original price!

Bed, Bath & Beyond is in a fairly new shopping center that is also home to Best Buy, Ross, a couple of restaurants, Five Below, and other stores. I'd been wanting to get a throw for the couch and new pillows, so Lins suggested we check Ross. We found them!

And then, it on to Best Buy. With many states going to hands-free laws regarding cell phone usage, I've been thinking I need to find something that will allow me to be hands free in the car. I am not givign up my phone, so I needed something! After looking at a couple of options, I decided to get a blue tooth ear set. So, happy birthday to me! ;) Now I need to get Jason to help me set it up!

Our shopping was done and we had one more stop to make at WalMart. We dropped Lins & Reagan at their home (with hugs and kisses, of course) and went on our way. I had to pick up my new prescription and we needed wiper blades for Mommy's car and the truck. Milk and bread found its way on to the counter, too.

We are now at home, settled in for the night. Looking forward to another year in the life; and what a fine life it is. Thank You, God for blessing me far beyond anything I deserve. :)

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Terry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Being with your family and celebrating YOU...just doesn't get any better. :)

    Hugs,
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete