Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Start to the Week

Well, this is my first attempt at posting a generic blog for documentation purposes only. Boy, that sure sounded dry and scientific, but you know what I mean. So, we'll see how this goes. Be sure to let me know what you think. The only problem with posting daily is that there will few pictures. Guess I'll just have to be more entertaining than usual to keep your attention. :)


We woke up to a cool morning, but with beautiful sunshine! Nice change. Unfortunately, it's not supposed to last; we've got rain coming the next couple of days with highs in the low to mid 60s. Man, I am tired of rain. I don't think we've had a week without some rain since the beginning of the year. This has been a very strange year, weather-wise.


I was a good girl this mornig. I got up and got right outside for my walk. I have found if I don't go as soon as I get up, I just don't do it. I didn't do my full 30 minutes this morning – it was cooler than I thought it was and pretty windy, too. But, I got 20 minutes in, better than nothing. Even took Blackie for his walk 'cause Randy hadn't gotten up yet. Points for me!


And tomorrow I start Curves! Lindsay & I signed up for a 30 day fitness study (Hey! No laughing!!); we work out 3 times a week for four weeks. At the end of that, I'm thinking of joining, but am concerned about finding Curves gyms while traveling. We'll see . . .


Once I got back from my walk,and Blackie's, I got a bottle of water (the Curves lady said I should be drinking water when I first get up because you get dehydrated while sleeping, so I'm trying) and my coffee and settled into read the various blogs that I read each morning. Most of them are other RVers, but there are a couple that are friends'. This is how I spend the first half hour or so each morning. I also try to get my prayer/quiet time in, too, but once Randy's up, it's hard to do. I know, excuses, excuses.


This morning I also tweaked our 2009 itinerary. Yeah, a little anal, but hey, I like doing it! Mike & Pat McFalls wrote that they were staying at the Gunsmoke RV Park in Dodge City, Kansas. Doesn't that sound too cool?? So, I checked our Spring/Summer itinerary and we are scheduled to go right through Dodge City!! So, I added it as one of our stops. Good grief, you can't drive through Dodge City and not stop, can you? I don't think so. I also broke up a couple of other drives that were five and six hours long. We hate driving that long and we don't have to, so I found a couple of parks to stop in to bring the driving times down to three and four hours. Much better.


The morning ended with my updating our finances. Once a week, I enter any receipts from purchases or dinners out into the computer and transfer monies as necessary for credit card purchases. Glad to say we are doing well this month on our cash outlay as well as our budget. That's always a good thing.


We spent the early afternoon watching the last part of a mini-series we had recorded, “Streets of Laredo.” It's the sequel to the “Lonesome Dove” mini-series. This one had James Garner in it and I just love him. Then it was time for Dr. Phil and Oprah! Oprah had a reunion of the Mary Tyler Moore show cast and that was pretty cool to watch.


Gosh, it's time to fix dinner! Time flies when you're having fun or being lazy! :) Easy fixings tonight, just salad and baked potatoes. The evening will be spent watching the first part of the Dancing with the Stars finale. At least, I'll be watching it; Randy will go upstairs to the bedroom and watch something, anything, else! :)


I guess I didn't have as much trouble sharing my day with you as I thought! But, that should be no surprise, I usually don't have trouble talking, or writing, as the case may be. You can see what an exciting life we lead. I'll share my experience at Curves with you tomorrow.


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment