Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well, I Didn't Pass Out!

I made it through my first session at Curves! And without embarrassing myself, I might add. Too bad I can't say the same for our daughter, Lindsay – that is, I embarrassed her. But, she's used to it by now. I can't help it, I'm a morning person. My feet hit the floor, my mouth flies open! :) So, as we began our workouts this morning, I was laughing and talking to my trainer and Lindsay just looked over at me with the “Mom! Just settle down!! face” Oh, well. I have good time, no matter where I am. 'Cause that's how I roll . . . (I am so very cool!!)


In all honesty, though, I did enjoy the workout. There are probably 30 stations, alternating between machines and jogging-in-place boards, and you are only at each station for 30 seconds. Yes, that's seconds, not minutes. Yeah, I was surprised, too. It's kinda cool, you don't get bored at any of them. You go through the circuit twice. And I was truly worked out by the time I was done.


After the session, I got to go back to Lindsay's to watch Reagan for about an hour. Yes, I forced myself to do that. It was a tough gig, but somebody had to do it. I just love spending time with that little girl. She cracks me up! Randy came over after taking Blackie to the vet for his vaccines.


Since the rain continued today, we didn't do much this afternoon. Randy got a good nap in and I just futzed around on the computer, reading various blogs and email and watching TV.


Dinner tonight was macaroni and cheese – homemade, I might add! The evening will be spent watching American Idol (actually, I'm doing that as I'm writing now) and the Dancing with the Stars finale. Hey, don't judge me!!


Tomorrow Randy and I will be going to the viewing of a gentleman who was a good friend of my folks', going back to when I was a toddler. Glenn fought a hard, long battle with cancer and finally lost the battle last week. If you think of it, pray for the Hunter family as they mourn the loss of their husband and father.


Take time to thank God for those who love you 'cause you just never know when you'll get another chance. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment