Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Just Another Day in the Life . . .

This morning started with a session at Curves followed by the exciting chore of laundry at Lindsay's house! :) This has been one of those ordinary days that everyone has in which you have to take care of the mundane issues of life. But! I get to do it with one of my favorite people, Reagan. While at Lindsay's, I get to play with Reagan. So, doing laundry and ironing isn't so bad, after all.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch, er, I mean, RV, Randy waited for the Dish Network technician to come. You know how that goes, “a technician will be there between 8am and noon.” And he actually did show up before noon. That was nice. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything with the issue we have. We don't have broadcast channels through Dish because of moving around, so we use the antenna when we want to watch those. But, we can only do that on the TV in the living room. We had hoped the tech could set up our bedroom TV to receive antenna channels, too, but it's not gonna happen. Oh, well. He did give Randy some tips on setting up the satellite, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.


We planned to spend the afternoon in our recliners, as usual, with a chicken & noodle casserole for dinner. The weather was sunny, but very chilly, so no sitting outside. I am beginning to go through outside-sitting withdrawal. I just love sitting outside in my lounger reading, stitching, napping, whatever. But, I know I'll get out there eventually.


As it turned out, Lindsay called to see what our plans were for dinner because she found out that Jason wouldn't be home. Well, I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to spend time with Lindsay & Reagan, so the casserole was put on hold and we went out to Applebee's for dinner. I had gotten a gift card for Applebee's for my birthday and was glad to use it with them. Afterward we stopped in Target to pick up a few things, then it back to Lindsay's to pick up the truck and head home.


On the way home, we stopped to fuel up. UGH! We paid $4.79.9 a gallon for diesel. That's 40 cents higher than a couple of weeks ago when we filled up. We paid $153 for 31.8 gallons of fuel and we didn't fill the tank! But, our friends, Darrell & Judy, are in upstate New York and diesel is $4.98.9 there, so I'm being grateful for the little things! :)


For being such loyal readers, here's a treat – pictures! Not exciting ones, but pictures nonetheless. These are shots of our set up here at Cedar Lake Campground in Dover, PA. We just love the owners, Greg & LeAnn Starner and their staff. Greg & LeAnn actually enjoy what they do and the campers who live here. It's a pleasure to drop by the office to chat. If we can't be in Alabama, then we want to be here. It's nice to have a home in two places! :)


Tomorrow's going to be fun. Lindsay & Reagan are coming to the campground to feed the ducks, play at our playground, and just have fun! I can't wait! I'm sure I'll have more pictures for you!!


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment