Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Normal Family Stuff

Spent Thursday morning with Lindsay & Reagan at Gymboree. For those of you without grandkids, Gymboree may need explaining. We used to take our kids to the park or just played with them at home, but our kids have many more options for activities with their kids. Gymboree is an organization that has devised specific playgroups for every stage of a baby's life – from newborn through preschool. For about 45 minutes, there is music, storytelling, acting out stories, and movement to music. It's amazing to watch these little ones (Reagan's been going since she was 6 months old!) catch on to what the teacher wants them to do. And they remember from week to week! It's very interactive with the moms (sorry, I haven't seen many dads there 'cause it's during the work day) and the kids are learning while having fun. It's pretty neat. I go with Lins & Reagan at least once each time we're home. I love watching Reagan learn!


Yesterday Lindsay & I went with Sara, our soon-to-be daughter-in-law, to a fitting for her wedding gown. She is SOOOO beautiful. I know we had gone this past Tuesday to “pick up” Sara's gown, but the alterations that were supposed to have been done, weren't. Thankfully, Sara is a very laid back bride and took that in stride. We went back and Sara had another fitting and, hopefully, this will do the trick. The dress just needs hemming, so how hard can this be????


After the fitting, the three of us went for pedicures. That was fun! Sara had never had a pedicure before and now she knows what she's been missing!! Kevin – I think you better put that in your budget once you get married! :)


We ended the evening with dinner together with Randy, Jason & Reagan as well as a short talk with Kevin via Skype. Actually, Sara had to call him to wake him up for formation. Some things never change – the boy still likes his sleep.


The weekend looks like it will be a quiet one. We're joining in a Basket Bingo evening tonight with the rest of the campground. Never done this before, so it should be interesting. We just want to get know some of our neighbors and figured this would be a great way to do that.


Tomorrow, of course, is Mother's Day. It is also my birthday! Yep, 50 years ago, I hit this world and it hasn't been the same since! ;) I can't believe I'm 50!! I gotta say, it feels great. Yeah, I hurt in places I didn't know I had and I sure don't look like I did when I was 20, but all in all, I'm a happy old girl. Wouldn't trade places with anyone. I've got a great husband, 3 kids who are doing well and are with spouses who love them (and us!), two healthy, happy grandkids, my parents are still kicking and extended family and friends who love me. What a great life!!


I wish all you moms out there a wonderful day tomorrow. I hope you find a moment to reflect on the joys and blessings in your lives and figure out a way to celebrate them.


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment