Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a Weekend!!

I had a fantastic weekend! Yesterday, Jason & Lindsay hosted a birthday party for me. Lins had told me it was a family party – well, she only told me half of it!! She had actually invited many of our friends as well. What a wonderful surprise. Lots of family and friends, some of whom I hadn't seen for quite a while. Gosh, did I feel special! Since Jason & Lins lived in Pennsylvania now, most of these folks traveled an hour and a half or more just to show me how much they love me. Life just doesn't get much better than that, folks.


Lindsay also had those who couldn't attend the party send me cards. How nice it was to sit this morning and really read those cards. So many good wishes and reminders of why these people are my friends.


I can't begin to describe the feelings that I had yesterday as I sat among my family and friends and realized how very blessed I am. I still have my parents, who have supported me through good and bad choices and have been fantastic grandparents to my kids. I have a sister who is also my friend (and not everyone can say that about his/her siblings) and is married to a great guy is who has become my brother. I have nieces and nephews who I dearly love. I have three kids who care enough to be sure I know they love me; and their spouses/partners have become my kids, too. I have two grandchildren who are beautiful and so very special. I have a husband who loves even when I'm not very lovable. And I have friends, so many friends, who care enough to take time out of their lives to celebrate me. I'm telling you, I was a little overwhelmed and so very happy.


And, I got presents!! I sure didn't expect that, but it's always fun to get presents! :)


Here are some pictures of the celebration. More can be found on our pictures site which you can see by clicking on the link to the left.


Today was spent relaxing. It was another rainy day, so Randy and I just watched a movie and hung out. I had a hankering for Mexican food, so we did got out to dinner with Jason, Lindsay & Reagan. Now, I'm posting this entry and watching the Academy of Country Music Awards. Hope you had a great weekend, too!


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment