Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Relaxing Sunday

What a great day this has been. We went to church this morning. The message centered around Psalm 139 which is a marvelous psalm as it tells us how God knew us before we were even born. He knit us together in the womb, knowing who we'd be and how our lives would go before we breathed our first breath. Gosh, I don't know about you, but that is so overwhelming to me, in a good way. Yes, I've struggled at times, but it makes me feel good to know that God knew those times would come and provided comfort for me along the way. Sure, you might say that He could have intervened and not allowed those struggles to occur, but then how would I have grown as a person? No, as much as struggles hurt and none of us want to endure them, they can serve a purpose if we allow them to do so. Psalm 139 is beautiful. Take a moment to read it through, if you never have before.


After church we went out to breakfast with Cheri and her friend, Leslie. Lee was playing golf with Marty after church so he didn't join us. His loss! :) I love spending time with Cheri. She is such a special friend and there's never been a time that I have been around her that I haven't walked away feeling loved. I am so glad she's my friend!


The rest of the day has been spent being lazy! I know, I know. It's hard to believe, but we were very “relaxed.” Randy was inside reading his emails and watching TV while I made sure that the new hammock we have works.. Yes, it's a tough job, I realize that. After I felt it was sufficiently broken in, I got up and went all the way over to my lounge chair to read some more. Before I knew it, it was 4pm! What a life! :)


This evening will consist of more TV watching, I'm sure. Other than that, it's just another day in paradise!


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment