Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ramblings

Can I just say how much I love my family? Well, yes, I can because this is my blog, after all. :) Anyway, in addition to this past Sunday being Mother's Day, it was also my birthday. At 12:06 am the phone rang (which of course scared me to death) and it was our son, Kevin, from Korea. He wanted to be the first to wish me happy birthday as well as happy mother's day. I was thrilled, to say the least. In the morning, I woke up to find a beautiful card from Randy. The card was very special and its wording touched my heart. By 9am I had three more phone calls from my folks, my sister & her grandkids, and Lindsay, Jason & Reagan. All of them sung “happy birthday” to me in their own very individual versions. Later in the day, two of my nieces and our oldest daughter, Ginny, also called to wish me happy birthday. How great is that!?!?!! My friends ain't too bad, either. I had lots of cards, emails and comments on the blog wishing me happy birthday. So, thanks to all of you who made my special day even more so.


We spent Sunday afternoon with Lindsay and her family. It was pretty mellow; we just hung out together and went to Applebee's for dinner. That is Reagan's favorite restaurant; now why she got to choose the restaurant when it was Mother's Day, I'm not too sure. Oh yeah – it's because she's so darn cute – that's why!! :) After dinner, we went back to Lins and Jason's for cake to celebrate my birthday. Reagan helped me blow out the candles. We had a quiet celebration because Lindsay is having my whole family over on Saturday for a big party and that will be anything BUT quiet!. I'm very excited! Mostly because I haven't seen the whole family since we've been back, so I'm looking forward to that.


Monday was my wonderful, talented nephew, Joe's, birthday. Joe is such a cool guy. He lives in LA (and we miss him terribly) and is pursuing a music career. He is so crazy talented – he has taught himself to play many different instruments and he sings with such passion. He has a CD coming out this summer and I am just so proud of him.


Yesterday was a shopping day. I don't normally enjoy shopping, but I really wanted to find a jean jacket. I needed a lightweight jacket and really like jean jackets – they go with everything. My frugal daughter always has coupons for everything and she had a 25% one for Boscov's, which is a department store in this area. We walked in and within 5 minutes, I had me a jean jacket!! And the best part was the price – it was already $14 off the regular price, and then I got 25% more off. Such a great thing!


Of course, we had to take time out to have fun at the mall, too! Can't pass up those merry go rounds! :)

Then, we went to Linens 'n Things to get a coffee pot for Randy. For those of you who know my hubby, he can't go without his coffee!! :)


Today is a quiet day, too, but another special one. It's our niece, MacKenzie's, SIXTEENTH birthday. She is a smart, beautiful young woman and is going to be a phenomenal adult. So, happy birthday, Meme!!


We did go out to breakfast this morning. We found this local diner last year and, although it doesn't look like much from the outside, it's good eats inside. Randy & I look for these local places and if there are lots of cars out front, you can figure the food's good. That's how we found the White Horse Diner. We ate breakfast here once a week last year and will probably continue this year, too. We can get a BIG breakfast for just $16 for the two of us, and that's with tip!! It sure doesn't take much to make us happy.

Well, I've rambled enough for now. Take care of each other! Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Hey girlfriend,
    Happy Belated Mother's Day & 50th
    birthday! Welcome to the world of the "over 50"! It's not so bad considering the alternative!
    Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete