Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Big Weekend Ahead

Well, it's the start of the wedding weekend. Lots of folks have already come in from out of state: Sara's grandparents, Randy's sister and her three kids; Kev's buddy from Basic Training, Ted and his girlfriend, Bri, and a couple of Sara's girlfriends.


Tonight was party night – bachelor and bachelorette. The girls met for dinner at a friend of Sara's, LeAnne's, house and then went out bar hopping. The boys, just five of them, went to a local sports bar for the evening. Randy was their designated driver, lucky him. I went out to dinner with Randy's sister, Melissa and two of her three kids, MacKenzie and Patrick. Her oldest, Tara, went out with the girls.


The best part of the day, for me, was seeing Kevin and Ted together again. They had forged a great friendship during their Basic Training days. Unfortunately, they had not seen each other since that graduation over a year ago. But, it was so important to Kevin that Ted be at his wedding and Ted came. I think they have the kind of friendship that they can just pick up where they left off, no matter how long it's been since they've seen one another. I'm so grateful for that friendship for Kevin.


As I write this, I'm waiting for Randy to call me so I can pick him up from Sara's house. He drove the guys around in Kev's car 'cause I needed our vehicle to get to and from dinner with Melissa. I sure hope he calls soon!


We are spending the weekend at my friend, Tricia's, house. She lives in Columbia where we used to live and it's convenient to everywhere we need to be this weekend. She is such a great friend, allowing us to stay here. Lins & her family are even staying here Friday and Saturday nights. It's wonderful to have friends you can mooch off of! :)


Not much else to share now. I'm sure I'll have more stories over the next couple of days!


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment