Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Christmas in July

We started our morning with beautiful blue skies, sunshine and 65 degrees. I just love it. We took Blackie for his morning walk and saw that a couple of sites have been decorated. As we got back to our site, our neighbors, Dick & Darlene, invited us over for coffee and goodies. In the spirit of Christmas, they have coffee, cookies and Amish friendship bread set out for drop-in visits. Pretty nice, huh?


We had not visited with Dick & Darlene before. We met them early this season when we attended Basket Bingo night. It was nice to sit on their porch and chat. They are locals; living just 12 miles away from the campground. This is just what I wanted to do this year – get to know more of our neighbors. Hopefully, we'll do more of that this evening at the covered dish dinner.


Okay, we're back from dinner! We had a good time. We sat with our neighbors from across the way, Dick & Darlene.

Several other folks joined us and I found that one of the couples worked at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory which is where I was working when we retired! Small world, huh? I even kind of knew the wife, Kay. She worked in the office of a woman I was friendly with. Kay's husband, Pete, used to teach in the master's program I oversaw. He taught there before my tenure, but of course, we knew many of the same people. We look forward to getting to know one another better during the rest of the summer.


After dinner, Santa arrived! He and his elves handed out gifts and I got my picture taken with him. :) I never pass up an opportunity to sit on Santa's lap.

Our campground owners, Greg & LeAnn, their son, Jaron, & Santa

Once the festivities were over, Randy & I drove around the campground to see the sites that were decorated. There weren't many, but we'll go back out after dark to see them lit up. So, more to come . . .


We took another walk around the campground to see the sites lit up and they looked pretty good. Too bad there weren't more of them. I told Randy that we will have to participate next year. Not sure where we'll get the decorations from since we don't have any, but maybe we can borrow from Lindsay. We'll see. Anyway, here are some pics of the sites during the day. Unfortunately, the pictures I took of the sites at night were blurred and unusable. I was pretty disappointed. Oh, well, you'll get the idea.

It was a good day; got to meet new folks, have a great dinner and see Christmas lights! I'm a happy camper – literally! :) Hope you had a good day as well.


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment