Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After

Hold on to your hats - you're not going to believe this. I went out to the stores on Black Friday. There. I admitted it. There is a qualifier, however. The only reason I went was that I had bought a cardigan earlier this week at Old Navy and as I was checking out was informed of the big sale this weekend. I asked the cashier if my cardigan would be on sale and she looked at me a little sheepishly and admitted it probably would. Of course she also told me I could come back and get the sale price during that time. UGH!! But for almost $16, I was game.

Before going to Old Navy, though, we had to pick out the Christmas tree for Missy & family. They traditionally get their tree the day after Thanksgiving. We did this with them two years ago, too. Missy always goes to the same nursery to get the tree. They picked out a beauty, too. We got it home and Randy helped Missy and Patrick set it up. It looks great. Again, pictures will be shared Sunday when I get home and get them uploaded.

Next stop - Old Navy. I am proud to say that during my 15 minutes in the store, no harm came to me or anyone around me. :) I patiently stood in line and got my refund and promptly left. I must give kudos to Old Navy for having almost every register open and the line moved swiftly.

Missy, MacKenzie and Patrick continued to shop while Randy and I got the heck out of there. However, we did need to wait for them since we rode in the same car. So, we walked down to Target and meandered through there for awhile. It's really kinda nice to wander through a store amid the crazies when you don't have an agenda. :) By the time we left Target, Missy & kids were almost at the register in Old Navy, so we were soon on our way.

The afternoon was spent at Aaron's house, watching the Alabama/Auburn football game. Tara just graduated from Auburn this past summer and they are Auburn football freaks. Even Missy is VERY into the games. College football is big in this house. Randy and I were along for the food and family time. :) It was a close game. Unfortunately, Auburn lost, but they did give Alabama run for their money.

We're back home now and I am in my jammies, looking forward to a quiet evening. Tomorrow we'll get on the road by 8:30am, hopefully, and head home. It's been good to be with family, but I'm ready for my bed.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment