Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Nice Couple of Days

First things, first . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!!!

My daddy turns 81 years old today and he is still kickin' it pretty darn good. He's the best and I hope he know just how loved he is!

Yesterday and today have been pretty easy-going days. The weather has been absolutely fantastic. Waking up to temps in the 40s in the morning and then 70s and sunny the rest of the day. Can't beat that.

I played music with Jam N Folks in the morning yesterday and then spent the afternoon in my lounge chair on the patio.

Dinner was at the clubhouse - enchilada casserole. Yummy. You just can't beat dinners at our clubhouse. For $5/person we got a huge portion of casserole, salad, drink, and dessert. And there was enough for seconds, if you wanted. Of course, Randy wanted and got another huge plateful. The cook, Larry, does a great job of finding, and cooking, tasty meals.

After dinner, Randy headed out to Pops rehearsal. They're gearing up for their Christmas program. If it's half as good as last year, it will be great! I just came home, practiced my dulcimer for a bit (I'm working on a song for our festival in March) and then watched some TV shows I'd recorded. Randy got home about 9:15ish.

Today was even more laid back. I went to Curves first thing then came home to watch some morning news and do some reading on the computer. Gotta keep up with my RVing friends! :) I also did some cross stitching.

In the afternoon I went over to the clubhouse for a music jam. We've got lots of talented folks in our park! After a couple of hours, I was back home and found my way once more to the patio - armed with a book and a glass of iced tea! :) I think I napped more than I read!

Randy seems to keep himself busy between the computer and the TV. He also finds little jobs around the RV to do. I came back from the music jam to him cleaning the filters in the A/C units. I never know what he's going to be doing. :)

This evening we've done the usual - watching TV. Dinner was a chicken, ham & rice casserole dish with salad.

Tomorrow is another music day. Always a fun day. :)

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment