Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Overcast, Becoming Sunny

I'm talking about my attitude, not the weather. I woke up feeling a bit melancholy, don't know where it came from, but there it was. Been missing my kids these past couple of days, so I know that fed the attitude a bit. With Thanksgiving next week, I guess I'm feeling kinda family-less. Hopefully spending Thanksgiving with Randy's sister and kids will help.

Sara, our daughter-in-law, called this morning and we got to talk for awhile. That helped my mood a lot. She is a wonderful young woman and we love her and are grateful for how much she loves Kev and how supportive she is of him and his career.

I decided not to go to music today. Yeah, I know - no music at all this week for me. We had an RV tech coming today and I wanted to hear what the problem was with the slide. Thankfully, it wasn't much of a problem; just replacement of a pin that had broken. The cost was less than $100!! That, in itself, is a miracle. Nothing ever costs less than $100 on an RV. We are very happy with Petersen's RV, they are a family-owned company and provide good service - both mechanically and relationally.

As the day went on, my mood lifted some. I did some cross stitch, ran to WalMart to pick up more Thanksgiving cards, finished writing the cards, took a bike ride around the park and watched some TV.

We got a call from Dick & Pat early in the afternoon letting us know that they would be coming in late this afternoon! We were expecting them this weekend, so we were quite excited. Randy and Ron got busy outside prepping their site. Sometime between 3:30 and 4:00, we heard Ruth outside saying that Dick & Pat were pulling in! They were more than an hour earlier than we expected.

Needless to say it was a joyful reunion. :) Pat has been through much sorrow since we last saw them in June. She lost both of her brothers in less than two months and had a cancer scare herself. Thankfully, no cancer was found and she can begin to put all of that behind her. After getting our hugs, we let them set up.

Since none of us had eaten dinner yet, the four of us went over to Big Daddy's (yes, I know we were just there!) for a reunion dinner. :) It was great being together again. We just pick up where we left off and keep going. Isn't that a sign of great friends?

It's nice having the day end on a happier note than it began. I'm still missing my kiddos, but it's not overwhelming. Having good friends next door sure go a long way to making life a bit sweeter.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment