Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And So It Ends . . .

Mardi Gras 2010 is over. And it was fun while it lasted, I'll tell ya.

Before the events of this evening, though, I went to a dulcimer rehearsal this morning. And this afternoon found me in the recliner, napping. Not sure why I was so sleepy, but there it was. Randy even left to get propane and I didn't know it 'til I woke up and saw he was gone!

This evening we made our way over to the clubhouse for the last of our Mardi Gras celebrations. Once again the folks crowded in.

Tonight we ate, laughed and saw the King & Queen exiled for another year. One of the annual events of the last night is the costume contest. Most folks don't dress up, but those who do . . . well, they make the most of it!

The next few days will be much more laid back. I think I'm ready for that. In fact, it's a good thing 'cause next week is filled with music. We've got several dulcimer gigs and Randy's got a concert. Pat & I figured out that we will play music in one form or another seven out of eight days, beginning next Sunday evening. Whew.

Hope your week is going well. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment