Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Such a Nice Day

Boy, was it COLD when I got up this morning at 6:10 to go do laundry! The thermometer read 31 degrees!! I had to let the truck run for more than 10 minutes to defrost the ice off the windows - and that was after it took me tugging the doors open using both hands!!

And I read recently that 49 of our 50 states have snow at this time - what the heck is that about? Very strange winter we're having.

Anyway, once the truck warmed up, I went to the laundry room and got to work. I wanted to be done around 8am so we could join the folks at the clubhouse for our Mardi Gras breakfast. Everything went according to plan, and I was done right around 8:00. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. :)

After breakfast, we came home and watched some of the Olympics (I just love having a DVR!!). Then, we went out and ran some errands.

Back home, we were kicking back and were pleasantly surprised to have Darrell & Judy stop by. Darrell had sent out an email earlier in the day suggesting that several of us meet up in Maine this summer. At first, I figured we wouldn't be joining them because we had decided to sit still for a year. Well, just about the time that thought cleared my brain, the next one leaped in - let's do it! It didn't take Randy & I but a few minutes to decide, yeah, we're in. This group of folks are wonderful and we have so much fun with them that I just couldn't see missing out on this opportunity to spend more time with them. So, mid-summer, we'll be taking a little trip to Maine for a week. This is gonna be fun!

We ended our day at a Valentine's Dinner at church. This is a fundraiser for the children's ministry. In addition to dinner, there is a talent show. We sat with Susan & Jim. Susan is one of the leaders of the women's ministry and also goes to Curves. That's where I met her. She is a wonderful lady. Some of the gals at Bible study encouraged me to participate in the show, so I did. I played the dulcimer and sang. It was pretty well-received, which was nice. The members of this church are so loving and kind. :)

Dinner was held in the Christian Center
The theme
Susan & Jim
Emeritus Pastor John yodeled - and it was great!
This family sang "Do, A Deer" and the kids were great. The little girl then sang "On the Good Ship Lollipop" all by herself!
All in all, we had a nice, mellow day. Productive, but not crazy. I kinda like it that way. :)

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment